Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"I'm Just Telling It Like It Is"

Tonight I fell into a CNN vortex, wooed by the convention, and have only just emerged intact. My mind is reeling from the hypnotic gleam of Carville's bald head, the blinding orange pantsuit, and this new notion I have that Anderson Cooper is, actually, carved from marble. So very briefly, all this politicking makes me remember that I used to be someone who ran for things. In fact, I am sort of surprised that CNN did not ask me to blog live from Denver, as a three-time former room representative from Nashoba Brooks School for Girls, who was 1) once thrown out of a lunchtime student government meeting for fighting with my sister (also a room representative) and 2) almost impeached in an unprecedented "Fire the Reps" campaign participated in by one of my closest friends. I must go to sleep now to have energy for tomorrow's return to the vortex, and Thursday's too, but will close by revealing that I once made a campaign speech entirely in the voice of Howard Cosell.

No comments: