Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Time Capsule

Oof. Yesterday's post was so lazy, so vague, so unnecessary, although it elicited a few lovely and helpful emails that render it not totally useless. And it's really late now, loooong day, so in lieu of another filler entry, I give you my first ever and probably only ever time capsule. I'm about to go back to some more practical work here for the next few days so consider this a palate cleanser.

The Contents of Lily's Purse De Jour, for Posterity, Because I Find Them Significant

• one red pen
• two Barack Obama pins from the campaign: one big one reading "Elect Obama 2008" and one tiny one reading "Obama" with a peace sign for the "O;" these are often worn on unexpected parts of her clothing, such as a pants leg 
• the ticket I hadn't known she'd saved from the Nutcracker performance the two of us attended on December 16, 2008
• a small Hello Kitty wallet containing a pot of lavender lipgloss she got at a birthday party and I tried to confiscate and dispose of, unsuccessfully, and the key to her desk, a gift from a dear friend that she cherishes 
• a little pad of paper, one of many diaries in circulation, that she has decorated with Chiquita banana stickers taken from Annika's countless bananas
• 2 cents

That's all. But really, isn't it enough?

1 comment:

J and D said...

She is reminding me of someone. :)