Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Everything Best

Abbreviated post due to lingering head cold IN SPITE OF copious amounts of cold medicine.

But do want to say that tonight, due to tickets that were a much anticipated, pre-purchased gift, Lily and I went to the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center, and for two hours I actually forgot about how my head feels like it is filled with cement. When we walked out into a magical snowy night, I asked Lily, "So, what did you like best? Mother Ginger and the Polichinelles?"

"Yes," she said, through catching snowflakes on her tongue. "Actually, no, Mama. That's not what I liked best."

"What was it?" I asked, more curious now than I'd been.

"Everything. I liked everything about it best. And the snow."

More tea. More meds. Sleep.

1 comment:

sheila said...

I remember watching you as Clara in the Nutcracker years ago. How surreal and appropriate that you and Lily went tonight. I never believed it when people said that the years fly by. It's true when we have a pile of years behind us.