Sunday, December 7, 2008

Note to Self

I actually forgot to write yesterday, for the first time ever (the forgetting, not the not writing), and I forgot my uncle's birthday, and I suspect there are other things I have forgotten as well, which I will discover over the next few days, unless the forgetting continues or, god forbid, gets worse.

So I think I should forgo a long entry now, in favor of memory-enhancing sleep, but I will write a very short one.

This evening, as I exited our building with both the girls in tow, we were greeted by the sight of the colored Christmas lights the people in the building down the street decorate the exterior of the building with each year. My personal taste in holiday decoration tends toward fresh greenery and tiny white lights, but the truth is I barely noticed the colored Santa face literally staring me in the eyes, not to mention the other assorted and sundry constellations. But Lily did. I had walked twenty feet ahead with the stroller before I realized she was standing still, gazing at the display. "Come on, Lil," I called. "The store is going to close." She pointed.

"But Mama. It's so, so beautiful. I just can't stop looking."

And so it was.

No comments: